At H. Porter & Sons, we are passionate about protecting the planet and are mindful of the environmental impact of our activities. It’s why we’ve developed a clear environmental policy that informs decisions from transport to energy use. Additionally, all of our team have undergone environmental awareness training.
We are incredibly proud to be the first funeral director in the UK to achieve the Greener Globe Funeral Award’s Platinum award, and are members of the Association of Green Funeral Directors.
We always ensure that the families in our care are aware of our most environmentally friendly options, which are available as part of all of our funeral packages and as part of pre-paid plans.
For our greenest funeral, we can offer:
- Sustainable, biodegradable and locally sourced coffins, caskets and ashes containers
- No embalming
- Natural burial in a local woodland burial site
- Cremation at a local crematorium with facilities that include the very latest advanced filtration and abatement technologies and other features to minimise emissions, including being one of only a small number of facilities in the UK to have NOx abatement.
- Seasonal, locally sourced floral tributes, without plastic, oasis or ribbons
- At some venues, provision of a tree to be planted on the grave
- AT some venues, provision of a natural/biodegradable grave marker
- No vehicles, apart from our hearse or alternative transport
- Provision of natural fibre shroud