H Porter & Sons, an independent family-owned funeral directors in Stourbridge, West Midlands, is pleased to offer a superb opportunity to the right candidate to join our friendly, compassionate team as a full-time funeral director. The successful applicant will also take on an on-call role.
The funeral director will be:
- Ideally a holder of the Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration, or equivalent qualification, or happy to study to this level
- Keen to study for the Diploma in Funeral Directing
- Possess at least three years’ funeral business experience
- A confident administrator, capable of arranging and organising funerals, liaising with clients, ministers and suppliers, and handling all associated forms and paperwork
- Experienced in conducting services in a range of venues, including burials and ashes interments, or possess a willingness to train
- A capable and organised planner, to ensure funerals are booked at appropriate times and fit in with the business
- Capable of working closely with the business owner, operatives team, office team and catering/function team etc, to ensure funerals and wakes are perfectly coordinated
- Able to arrange pre-planned funerals and assist in our associated memorials business
- A good communicator and a confident and approachable leader, with good interpersonal skills
- Have the potential to assist with the leadership of the business in the absence of the business owner, in conjunction with the existing coordinators
- A caring, diplomatic and empathetic individual, with high standards of customer service and client care
- Able and willing to carry out other roles within the business as need dictates
- A holder of a current driving licence, be a confident driver and be fit and able to drive a hearse or limousine
- Confident to support the management team in staff reviews, welfare, health and safety management and human resources
- Driven to improve the business and enhance its position within the market.
Benefits offered with this role include:
- Competitive salary, in the range of £26,000 – £32,000 dependent on experience
- Generous holiday allowance, including extra days for long service
- On call/call out allowances
- Pension scheme
- Wellbeing counselling
- Bonus scheme.
Applications to include covering letter, CV and details of current remuneration package to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 19th November, 12:00. Interviews Friday 26th November 2021.